note: I use the term "school" loosely. Mother's Day Out, Preschool, or Nursery School is more correct, but I get confused about what to call it, so I just call it "school".
A couple of weeks ago, I found a book at Marshall's about starting school for about $3.00. I grabbed it, realizing that I probably should have found a book about school a long time ago and I slacked off. So, we have read it many times since then, sometimes at Jordan's request. She asked a lot of questions and seemed to have a really good grip on what school is all about. She has been getting so bored at home and is eager to learn, so I really felt like she was ready.
When I was dropping her off, I could tell that she was nervous, but okay with the whole thing. I know how important Dinosaur is to Jordan and she can't sleep without him. So, I told her teacher that Dinosaur was in her backpack, but the plan was to see if she could do without. What I didn't say was that he was in the little pocket of her backpack. They couldn't find Dinosaur. After I put all the pieces of all the stories together, this is what happened. They thought maybe Trevor's doggie was really Jordan's toy, but he acted like it was his (because it is). They still couldn't find it. Jordan cried to go home. She cried for her dinosaur. The teachers gave her a tiger to sleep with instead, and she eventually fell asleep.
I think she gave them a run for their money over the darn dinosaur. This is the same dinosaur that now has a key locator on it to help us find him in the house. Dinosaur is important.
I actually took Trevor to his room first. He started crying immediately because he knew what was about to happen. I haven't been able to mentally prepare him like I did with Jordan, because, well, he is only 1. So, his teacher took him, and he cried. I dropped Jordan off in her room and had to walk back past the baby room to leave. The door was closed, but I could hear him crying still. I thought "this is not going to go well."
When I came to pick him up, I got this report. He cried for a short time. Then, he did great. He ate all of his food, took a good nap, and was playing really well with the other kids. I was shocked. But, very happy.
So, I am very proud of my babies for braving their first day of school so well!
No comments:
Post a Comment