Monday, March 3, 2008

The Attack of Einstein

Einstein is a very beautiful Cardinal that has graced us with his presence every Spring/Summer that we have lived in this house - which will be four this year. He has been dubbed "Einstein" because he attacks his reflection in 2 of our most reflective windows - this is how we came to know about him. He used to come get his excercise every day at the same times, but his activity has waned a bit. Perhaps he is getting old. However, I still hear the unmistakable "WHACK, WHACK" more often than I would like. His "Mrs." is usually watching a few feet away, perpetuating the theory that all men feel that they need to appear macho to impress women, regardless of species.

His favorite window is the one that now belongs to Jordan. So far, his timing has been such that it hasn't woken her up, but I know that it is inevitable. I placed some Juniper branches on the outside sill to prevent him from perching, but apparently, he can still attack on the fly. I am not sure what to do, so if any of you have experience with birds, let me know your thoughts.

I have some blurry pictures of him somewhere, so if I can find them, I will post them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment